Monday, February 25, 2013

Chapter 39


The days passed slowly. I'd teach the tots how to walk or talk, the teens would go to school, Peanut would sniff around and hunt.





Peanut has begun sleeping with me, too! I was a little upset at first, because he's rather restless and I spent quite a bit of money on a new doggy bed when he aged up, but I realized it was nice having someone next to you. His fur is warm and he's cuddly.
"Beep! Beep!" My alarm clock blared. I sat up in bed and looked at the clock nine o'clock. I'd over slept! I wasn't late for anything, but I couldn't help but feel bad. Even though the teens were capable of doing everything for themselves, that isn't an excuse for me to laze around.
I took care of Cleveland and Sydney, then decided to paint. I wanted a little more money to spoil my children.





"Hey Mom." Brook, as she told me to call her, said.
"Brook? What time is it?"
"Two-seventeen. Remember, I get out early."
"I know, it's just that I painted the day away without realizing it."
"Are you going to sell them?"
"Yes, I was planning on going to the consignment store tomorrow."
"Can I take them today? Please?"
"Sure, sweetie. Why?"
"Well..."
"Brooklyn."
"There's this guy....he's a part timer at the consignment store..."
"He's in high school, right?"
"Oh, yeah! He's a senior and I'm a junior..."
"Okay...just be careful..."
"Gee, because seventeen year olds are soo dangerous. Mom, what harm can he do?"
"Oh sweetie...you'll learn." I remembered myself saying the exact line she just said to my mother about Bennett...Bennett Barren...I miss him. Sometimes I forget, but others I'm overwhelmingly filled with sadness. He's the only link to my past, the time before my children, I have left. With everyone else dead, my mom, dad, step-mother, my half-sister...I was an only child growing up, I didn't have anyone to look up to, I felt lonely sometimes. Did Ben marry? He was good looking and muscular; he'd have no problem finding a wife.

It's Peanut's birthday!

He's now a graying elder.







Everyone aged up! The teens are now young adults, the toddlers children.
"Mom," Brook hugged me.
"Yes, honey?"
"I love you."
"I love you, too." We pulled away from each other and I walked over to Albany.
"Mom, I'm a dude!" He thinks he's a macho man.
"So? You'll hug you mother." I hugged him.
"I love you." He whispered, shyly.
"I love you, too. It isn't unmanly to say you love you mother." I whispered back. They hailed a cab and left. We all waved at each other until I could no longer see the car. I felt bad. I ran inside, to a bathroom and puked. Uh oh. I think we know what this means.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Sim Challenges