Friday, March 1, 2013

Chapter 44



Hermes aged up,




then Athena aged up,


and lastly Venus!

I decided to go ahead and aged the babies up, too.





Sadly, only one of them received beautiful brown hair, the other two inherited my raging red!

I remembered my promise; that I would tell the children what I was doing. I let out a huge sigh, and called them to the living room.

"Children...I have some news..."
"What is it, Mommy?" Athena asked.
"Well...I'm not married."
"We know that!" Hermes giggled.
"I'm trying to have one hundred babies...you and the younger triplets have different daddies. I wanted-I want, to have babies who all have different fathers."
"Who's daddy?" Athena instantly asked.
"I'll tell you when you're older...if you want to know."
"Okay." Venus shrugged.

"Will we be able to see daddy?" Athena asked.
"No, Sweetie. I'm sorry, when you age up into adults I'll tell you..."
"I wanna see him!" She yelled.
"Calm down, please. Daddy loves you very, very much, but I can't tell you who he is..."

"Is dad a spy?" Hermes asked.
"Ooo! I bet he's totally James Bond! Or maybe Superman!" Venus replied.
"Or an actor! Maybe he's super famous!"
"I bet Daddy is Superman, from the movie! He's a superhero in a movie!"
"Maybe the bad guys are after him! He could be a cowboy and the-" Hermes and Venus continued to debate over what their father did, while Athena sulked over to the computer.




I thought two out of the three how to walk, then made dinner. It was getting late.


Venus is so sweet! She hugged her baby sis!

Athena's Perspective

I want to know who daddy is. It isn't fair all the other children know. At school, we had bring-your-father-to-school day and all my friends brought their Daddies. Except me. I'm going to find out, though!






I waited until everyone was asleep, even the dumb babies.


I crept to Hermes' bathroom and opened the window.



I rode my bicycle to the library. It was closed, so nobody would be there. It also meant I wouldn't be caught. I went to their website after Mom told me about daddy, they keep all the city's birth records on file. All I have to do is type my birthday and mom's name and it'll tell what book has the copies of everything that happened in birth year. Births, deaths, adoptions, everything. Even real estate info.


Category: Reference
Sub-Category: Records
Shelf: Seven R, R for reference department.
Book ID: 474783-17C.
Everything I needed to know was on the library's history page.


I flipped though pages and pages of the think, thick book looking for the month, then the day of my birth.
Birth: Athena Cassia Terrans
Parents: Alyssa Katelyn Terrans, Terry Jacob Wilksons
Date of Birth: It listed the day, month, year, event the time!
Relationship: Triplet: Hermes Carter Terrans, Venus Paradise Terrans

My dad was some guy Terry Jacob Wilksons. I went back to the computer and looked up the latest census.

Terry J. Wilksons
Occupation: Teacher
Age: 32
Parents: Meredith Elisa Smith-Wilksons, Jacob Carl Wilkson
It listed a bunch of personal information, including his address, business relationships, and siblings.

I crept back home and into bed.

Next Morning


"Guys! Guess who Dad is!"
"Who, Athena." Hermes asked.
"Well-"

"He isn't Batman." Venus interrupted. "I already figured that out."
"I know! He's a teacher. His name is Terry WIlksons."
"A teacher?" Venus looked disappointed. "Not a superhero?"
"Sorry, Venus."

"Darn it." Hermes muttered. "No James Bond, no Superman?"
"Nope! Guys, lets go see Daddy!" I whispered.
"Mom said-"
"So? She doesn't know half of what it feels like!"

"Look!" I pulled up a Google page. "Look! He's our dad!" I planned a sneak-out. After everyone was asleep, we'd go over to his house and visit him.
At ten p.m. we all changed into black shirts and jeans and went out the window. Obviously, some were more committed to the part the others. We arrived at his front porch fifteen minutes later.
"Athena..." Venus said, quietly.
"What?"
"We shouldn't."
"Why?"
"Imagine this, you're a happy, single lady. Suddenly, three kids show up and start telling you that they're your kids. Only they're ten years old now. And the parent has no intention of ever getting back together."
"You're right...mom didn't say anything for a reason." We ended up running away at the last moment. If mom didn't want us to know, we shouldn't spoil what she wanted. I may be upset, but I respected her. And that's one thing you can't mess with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Sim Challenges